Man charged after 22-hour siege - Dubbo
Saturday, 22 April 2023 04:49:50 AM
A man will face court today charged over a lengthy siege in the state’s Central West.
Shortly before 2am yesterday (Friday 21 April 2023), officers from the Orana Mid-Western Police District were patrolling the Dubbo area when they attempted to speak with a man.
It will be alleged the man ran from police before climbing onto the roof of a home – where he is not known to the occupants of the premises - in Provan Place.
The man has threatened police with a knife as well as throwing roof tiles at officers.
About 11.55pm the man entered the roof cavity of the home where officers from the Tactical Operations Regional Support Unit arrested the man after a Taser was deployed when he allegedly attempted to produce the knife.
He was taken to Dubbo Police Station where he was charged with nine offences including:
- destroy or damage property > $15,000
- use etc offensive weapon to prevent lawful detention etc
- enter prescribed premises of any person without lawful excuse
- carry cutting weapon upon apprehension
- assault police officer in execution of duty without ABH
- intimidate police officer in execution of duty without ABH
- hinder or resist police officer in the execution of duty
- throw missile at police officer in executing duty no ABH
- revocation of parole warrant
The 33-year-old Dubbo man was refused bail to appear at Dubbo Local Court later today (Saturday 22 April 2023)
There were no reports of any person being seriously injured.