Man charged after more than $100k cash seized - Goulburn
Tuesday, 18 April 2023 09:47:56 AM
A man has been charged after police seized more than $100,000 cash during a vehicle stop in the state’s south yesterday.
About 4.50pm (Monday 17 April 2023), officers attached to Traffic North West stopped a black van along the Hume Highway, Goulburn, due to its alleged manner of driving.
During a subsequent search of the vehicle, police located $105,900 in cash, as well as a small amount of methylamphetamine.
The driver – a 33-year-old man – was arrested and taken to Goulburn Police Station where he was charged with five offences;
- Drive etc when visiting privileges withdrawn,
- Recklessly deal proceeds of general crime $100,000 or more,
- Goods in personal custody suspected being stolen (not motor vehicle),
- Possess prohibited drug, and,
- Detention application – arrest.
The Auburn man was refused bail to appear in Goulburn Local Court today (Tuesday 18 April 2023).