Three women charged after pursuit through Sydney's south west
Sunday, 09 April 2023 04:11:46 PM
Three women have been charged after a pursuit through Sydney’s south west today.
About 8.55am (Sunday 9 April 2023), Traffic and Highway Patrol officers attempted to stop a car on Eagle Vale Drive in Eagle Vale.
When the vehicle allegedly failed to stop as directed, a pursuit was initiated, before being was terminated a short time later due to safety concerns.
With assistance from PolAir, the car was tracked to Smithfield, where road spikes were successfully deployed, stopping the car on the Cumberland Highway.
Three occupants of the car were arrested at the scene and taken back to Fairfield Police Station.
The driver – a 31-year-old woman – was charged with seven offences including:
- Drive conveyance taken without consent of owner,
- Police pursuit - not stop - drive dangerously,
- Police pursuit - not stop - drive at speed,
- Not obey direction of police/authorised person,
- P1 driver exceed speed > 45 km/h,
- Not comply P1 licence-no P plates (class C), and
- Driver not disclose identity of driver/passenger as required.
The passengers of the car – aged 22 and 30 – were both charged with be carried in conveyance taken without consent of owner and passenger not disclose driver's/other passenger's identity.
They were all refused bail to appear in Parramatta Local Court tomorrow (Monday 10 April 2023).