27 firearm, drug charges after search warrant executed - Murray River PD
Thursday, 02 March 2023 10:46:40 AM
PLEASE NOTE: images of some of the items seized will be posted to the NSW Police Force social media pages.
A man has been charged with multiple firearm and drug offences after a search warrant was executed at Jindera, 15km north of Albury.
Officers attached to Murray River Police District commenced an investigation in February, into allegations a man was in possession of illegal firearms.
As part of ongoing inquiries, investigators executed a search warrant at Range View Drive, Jindera, at 8am yesterday (Wednesday 1 March 2023).
Officers seized two shortened .22 calibre rifles, a long .22 rifle, air rifle, pistol, and drugs including methamphetamine, as well as items alleged to have been stolen.
A 42-year-old man was arrested and taken to Albury Police Station, where he was charged with 27 offences,
- Possess unauthorised firearm (two counts)
- Possess unauthorised pistol (two counts)
- Not keep firearm safely (six counts)
- Possess shortened firearm without authority (two counts)
- Receive property stolen outside NSW (two counts)
- Possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority
- Possess prohibited drug (10 counts)
- Goods suspected of being stolen in/on premises, and
- Possess any non-prescribed electrical device.
He’s been refused bail to appear before Albury Local Court today (Thursday 2 March 2023).