Man charged with multiple firearm offences - Oxley Police District
Thursday, 23 February 2023 10:03:19 AM
A man has been charged with multiple firearm offences following a search warrant in Yannergee.
Earlier this month, officers attached to Oxley Police District commenced an investigation into allegations a man was in possession of illegal firearms.
As part of inquiries, investigators executed a search warrant on the man who was driving in the Collie Blue area about 10.40am (Wednesday 22 February 2023). Following this, a search warrant was executed at a property on Coonabarabran Road, Yannergee, later that day.
Officers located and seized prohibited pistols, firearms, shortened firearms, military-style semi-automatic rifles as well as ammunition.
The occupant, a 28-year-old man, was arrested and taken to Tamworth Police Station.
He was charged with:
- Possess unauthorised prohibited firearm (12 counts)
- Possess unauthorised pistol (four counts)
- Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit (two counts)
- Handle explosive/precursor with authorising licence (two counts)
- Possess unregistered firearm
- Possess unregistered firearm in public place
- Possess loaded firearm public place
- Possess unregistered firearm (one prohibited), and
- Possess shortened firearm without authority.
He was refused bail to appear before Tamworth Local Court today (Thursday 23 February 2023)