Man charged with drug supply and firearm offences - Hebersham
Friday, 17 February 2023 02:40:21 PM
PLEASE NOTE: Images of the seized items are available on the NSW Police social media pages.
A man has been charged with drug and firearm offences following an investigation into the supply of prohibited drugs in Sydney’s west.
Earlier this month, officers attached to North West Metropolitan Region Enforcement Squad – Penrith commenced an investigation into the supply of prohibited drugs in the Hebersham area.
As part of inquiries, investigators executed a search warrant at a property on Macartney Crescent, Hebersham, about 8.50am on Wednesday (15 February 2023).
Officers located and seized, cannabis, methylamphetamine, a loaded shortened .22 calibre rifle with ammunition, a shortened air rifle, luxury watches, jewellery and cash.
The occupant, a 38-year-old man was arrested after attending Mt Druitt Police Station about 8.10pm yesterday (Thursday 16 February 2023).
He was charged with:
- supply prohibited drug - indictable quantity,
- possess prohibited drug,
- 2x possess unauthorised prohibited firearm,
- 2x possess shortened firearm (not pistol) without authority,
- possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority
- possess or use prohibited weapon without permit,
- goods in personal custody suspected being stolen (m/v),
- goods in personal custody suspected being stolen (not m/v), and
- deal with property proceeds of crime.
The man appeared in Mt Druitt Local Court today (Friday 17 February 2023) and was formally refused bail to appear at the same court on Wednesday 8 March 2023.