Man charged with firearm, traffic and property offences - Riverina PD
Friday, 10 February 2023 02:57:14 PM
A man has been charged with firearm, traffic and property offences following an investigation into several alleged incidents in the state’s Riverina.
Police will allege a 2016 Holden Caprice was stolen from Forbes on Friday 20 January 2023, before being driven to the Lockhart area yesterday (Thursday 9 February 2023), where it broke down.
It will be alleged the man broke into a home on Ferrier Street, before attempting to steal another vehicle on Day Street, however, was unsuccessful.
After returning to Ferrier Street, the man was driven to Stoneybank Road by a woman and once there, it’s alleged the man threatened a male motorist with a firearm before fleeing in the woman’s car. After a short distance the car ran out of fuel and police were told he left the area in a white van after flagging down a passing motorist.
Officers attached to Riverina Police District were notified and commenced an investigation.
Following inquiries, police arrested a 34-year-old man in Albury about 4.15pm yesterday (Thursday 9 February 2023).
He was taken to Albury Police Station where he was charged with nine offences,
- Use registrable vehicle not display authorised number plates,
- Drive motor vehicle during disqualification period (two counts),
- Deal with property proceeds of crime,
- Drive conveyance taken without consent of owner,
- Be carried in conveyance taken w/o consent of owner,
- Police pursuit – not stop – drive dangerously,
- Receive etc property stolen outside NSW, and,
- Dishonestly obtain property by deception.
He was refused bail and will appear before Wagga Wagga Local Court today (Friday 10 February 2023).