Second teen charged over alleged break-ins - Condobolin
Friday, 20 January 2023 07:03:03 PM
A second teenager has been charged over alleged break and enters in the state’s west earlier this month.
Officers from Central West Police District commenced an investigation following reports of break-ins at a home in William Street and a convenience store in Forbes Street, Trundle, between 3am and 4am on Wednesday 4 January 2023.
It will be alleged that a Nissan Dualis SUV, a mobile phone, a smart watch, cigarettes, and bottled drinks were stolen from the properties.
Following inquiries, investigators arrested an 18-year-old man in Condobolin on Thursday 12 January 2023. He was charged and remains before the courts.
Following further queries, a 16-year-old boy was arrested at a home in Molong Street, Condobolin, about 12pm today (Friday 20 January 2023).
He was taken to Parkes Police Station, where he was charged with 11 offences, including:
- three outstanding arrest warrants for stealing, intimidation and malicious damage offences,
- two counts of aggravated break, enter and steal,
- be carried in conveyance taken without consent of owner,
- possess housebreaking implements,
- face disguised with intent to commit indictable offence,
- stalk/intimidate intend fear physical etc harm, and
- two counts of hinder or resist police officer in the execution of duty
The boy was refused bail to appear at a Children’s Court tomorrow (Saturday 21 January 2023).
Investigations are continuing.