Charges laid after alleged crime spree - Richmond Police District
Thursday, 19 January 2023 04:46:04 PM
A man has been charged after investigations into multiple alleged break and enter, stolen vehicle, and traffic offences in the state’s north.
Throughout this month, officers attached to Richmond Police District have been investigating a range of incidents at Lennox Head, Ballina, and Goonellabah, they believed were linked.
Following inquiries, investigators attended a property at William Blair Avenue, Goonellabah about 2.30pm yesterday (Wednesday 18 January 2023).
Upon arrival, a man at the property fled the scene in a stolen vehicle after sighting police.
Officers commenced a pursuit of the vehicle after it failed to stop. A short time later, the vehicle stopped, and the 18-year-old man was arrested following a foot pursuit.
The man was taken to Ballina Police Station where he was charged with 24 offences, including:
• Two counts of break, enter and steal
• Four counts of drive whilst disqualified
• Four counts of obtain property by deception
• Three counts of take and drive conveyance
• Carried in conveyance taken without consent of owner
• Use offensive weapon with intent to commit indictable offence
• Use offensive weapon etc. to prevent lawful apprehension
• Attempt larceny
• Police pursuit
• Drive manner dangerous
• Carry cutting implement upon apprehension
• Two counts of goods in custody
The man was refused bail to appear before Lismore Local Court today (Thursday 19 January 2023).