Two charged after theft - Bourke
Friday, 13 January 2023 08:38:27 AM
A man and a teenager have been charged following an investigation into an aggravated break and enter in the state’s central west.
About 6am yesterday (Thursday 12 January 2023), a white Mahindra ute was allegedly stolen during an aggravated break and enter at a home on Mertin Street, Bourke.
Officers attached to Central North Police District, attended the home and were told four people had allegedly broken into the house and stolen a set of car keys.
A short time later, police sighted the vehicle on Adelaide Street, Bourke.
Officers attempted to stop the vehicle; however, when it failed to stop as directed, a pursuit was initiated.
The pursuit was terminated a short time later due to safety concerns.
Following inquiries, about 8.30am the same day, the alleged stolen vehicle was located alight on Brewarrina Road, Bourke.
The Rural Fire Service attended and extinguished the blaze.
About 3pm, following a short foot pursuit, an 18-year-old was arrested on Oxley Street, Bourke and charged with:
- Enter building/land with intent commit indictable offence,
- Face blackened/disguised with intent commit indictable offence,
- Aggravated break and enter dwelling etc in company steal,
- Steal motor vehicle,
- Drive conveyance taken without consent of owner,
- Assault police officer in execution of duty cause aggravated bodily harm
- Hinder or resist police officer in the execution of duty
- Contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO (Domestic)
- Breach of bail
He was refused bail and will appear at Bourke Local Court today (Friday 13 January 2023).
About 9.30pm, police executed a search warrant on Yanda Street, Bourke where they arrested a 14-year-old boy.
The boy was taken to Bourke Police Station and charged with:
- Enter building/land w/i commit indictable offence
- Face blackened/disguised w/i commit indictable offence
- Agg B&E dwelling etc in company steal
- Steal motor vehicle
- Be carried in conveyance taken w/o consent of owner
- Breach of bail
He was refused bail and will appear before Bourke Childrens Court today (Friday 13 January 2023).