Fourth man charged over alleged role in murder of Mahmoud 'Brownie' Ahmad

Thursday, 15 December 2022 05:55:29 AM

Strike Force Betta investigators have charged a fourth man over his alleged role in the murder of Mahmoud ‘Brownie’ Ahmad in Sydney’s south-west earlier this year.

About 9.30pm on Wednesday 27 April 2022, emergency services responded to reports a man had been shot in Greenacre.

Upon arrival, police located a man with gunshot wounds. He was treated by NSW Ambulance paramedics; however, died at the scene.

He has since been formally identified as 39-year-old Mahmoud ‘Brownie’ Ahmad.

The matter was initially investigated by detectives from the State Crime Command's Homicide Squad under Strike Force Betta.

The investigation subsequently formed part of ongoing inquiries by Task Force Erebus into several fatal shootings and criminal activities by organised crime networks across Sydney.

Three men – aged 26, 37 and 49 – have previously been charged over their alleged involvement in the murder and remain before the courts.

Following further inquiries, detectives executed four search warrants at Canterbury, Riverwood, Lakemba and Roselands from 6.30am yesterday (Wednesday 14 December 2022).

During the searches, investigators seized $60,000 cash, mobile phones, a CCTV system, documents and other items relevant to the investigation.

A 29-year-old man was arrested at the Canterbury property and taken to Burwood Police Station, where he was charged with accessory before the fact to murder, participate in criminal group, and use false document.

Police will allege in court that the man was involved in supply of vehicles used in the execution of Mahmoud ‘Brownie’ Ahmad’s murder.

He has been refused bail to appear at Burwood Local Court today (Thursday 15 December 2022).

Investigations under Task Force Erebus continue.

Anyone with information that may assist Task Force Erebus investigators is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report information via NSW Police social media pages.