Woman charged following pursuit - Campbelltown
Saturday, 12 November 2022 03:13:31 PM
A woman has been charged with various driving offences, including drink driving, following a pursuit through Campbelltown last night.
About 8.20pm (Friday 11 November 2022), officers from Campbelltown Traffic and Highway Patrol Command were conducting speed enforcement duties on Badgally Road, when they attempted to stop a Honda Accord.
The vehicle allegedly failed to stop, and a pursuit commenced, before it was terminated a short time later due to safety concerns.
The vehicle was sighted and followed by Polair to the intersection of Roses Payten Drive and Pembroke Road, Minto, where Traffic and Highway Patrol officers safely stopped the vehicle and arrested the driver – a 29-year-old woman.
Further checks revealed the Honda Accord had allegedly been stolen from a Quakers Hills home in August 2022.
The woman – who was allegedly driving on a NSW suspended driver’s licence – was arrested and underwent a roadside breath test, which returned a positive result.
She was taken to Eagle Vale Police Station where she underwent a secondary saliva analysis, which returned an alleged positive reading of 0.047, and a positive reading for methamphetamine and cannabis.
The woman was taken to Campbelltown Police Station, where she was charged with:
- Two counts of police pursuit - not stop - drive dangerously,
- Hinder or resist police officer in the execution of duty,
- Drive conveyance taken without consent of owner,
- Special category driver drive with special range PCA,
- Drive motor vehicle while licence suspended,
- Goods in personal custody suspected being stolen (m/v),
- Use motor vehicle displaying misleading etc number plate, and
- Motor vehicle exceed speed > 20 km/h – estimated.
She was refused bail and will appear at Parramatta Bail Court today (Saturday 12 November 2022).