The National Drug Strategy recognises that optimal results are achieved when supply reduction measures operate together with demand reduction and harm reduction strategies involving law enforcement, the health sector, community and regulatory agencies. NSW Police Force activities are consistent with the National Drug Strategy.
NSW Police Force activities:
- target those involved in illicit drug supply;
- aim to make illicit drugs less available;
- provide drug offenders with opportunities to address drug problems;
- increase the likelihood of people seeking treatment; and
- reinforce the message that illicit drug use is not condoned by the community.