A person over the age of 16 or a Police Officer can apply for an AVO.  A person can speak to the Court Register at their local court.  If the behaviour amounts to a criminal offence, you should report the matter to police, whether or not you have a relationship with the perpetrator.  Police will assess your situation, obtain a statement if required and if they belief and suspect that an ADVO is necessary to ensure your safety and protection, they have an obligation to make the application on your behalf.