Condition 1 is a mandatory condition and appears on all AVOs.
1. The defendant must not do any of the following to <protected people>, or anyone <she/he/they> <has/have> a domestic relationship with:
A) assault or threaten <her/him/them>,
B) stalk, harass or intimidate <her/him/them>, and
C) deliberately or recklessly destroy or damage anything that belongs to <protected people>.
Additional orders can be sought depending on the circumstances, for example:
Restrictions put in place against the Defendant:
- No longer allowed to reside at the family home
- Not allowed to contact the protected person except through the use of a lawyer,
- Not allowed within a certain distance from the protected person/s residence, work or school.
- Not allowed to be in the company of protected person for at least 12 hours after taking alcohol or drugs.
- Not allowed to possess any firearms or prohibited weapons.
- Not allowed to try and locate the Protected Person.