The NSW Government has today announced a $500,000 reward for information regarding the disappearance and suspected homicide of a man missing near Newcastle almost 12-months ago.
Steven ‘Feno’ Fenwick, aged 33, was last confirmed seen exiting a bus on Nelson Bay Road, Fern Bay, about 1pm on Wednesday 30 January 2019, he hasn’t been heard from since.
Numerous searches and public appeals have been conducted since then, with detectives from Newcastle City Police District establishing Strike Force Kummari to investigate the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.
Today, the NSW Government has announced a $500,000 reward for information which leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for Steven’s suspected homicide.
Strike Force Kummari Officer in Charge, Detective Sergeant Jeff Little, said it’s hoped the reward will bring some fresh information forward to detectives.
“As we approach the 12-month mark of Steven’s disappearance, we believe there are people out there who can fill in the blanks with his final movements,” Det Sgt Little said.
“It’s been a year of uncertainty for the Fenwick family, and we want to get the answers Steven deserves.”
As the one-year anniversary nears, Steven’s mother Debbie has once again reached out for any information which may lead to finding Steven.
“Every day without answers is another day of heartache and confusion – we just want to know what happened,” Ms Fenwick said.
“Please, if you know anything which may help detectives, it could make a world of difference.”
As investigations into Strike Force Kummari continue, anyone who may have information about Steven’s disappearance is urged to contact Newcastle Police Station on (02) 4929 0999 or Crime Stoppers.
Anyone with information that may assist investigators is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report crime via NSW Police social media pages.