University Certificate in Workforce Essentials
If you have passed the eligibility quiz and are considering a policing career with the NSW Police Force, one of the first steps will be completing a foundation level program called the University Certificate in Workforce Essentials (UCWE). The UCWE prepares students for the challenges of the Constable Education Program / Associate Degree in Policing Practice and is the mandatory academic requirement for all NSW Police Force applicants.
Charles Sturt University Admission Requirements
- Minimum 18 years of age, and
- Australian citizen or permanent resident, or
- New Zealand citizen:
- NSW Police Force Recruitment: applicants must be an Australian citizen (by birth, naturalisation or citizenship) or hold a current Australian Permanent Resident Visa (a Subclass 444 Special Category Visa is acceptable) to apply to join the NSW Police Force
- Refer to NSW Police Recruitment information Australian Citizenship and Permanent Residency.
Charles Sturt University English Language Admission Requirements - UCWE
If your first language is not English, you must meet Charles Sturt’s English language requirements by providing evidence of:
- sufficient standard of study in English; or
- Academic IELTS completion within the last 2 years, with a minimum overall score of 6 and no individual score below 5.5; or
- a qualification deemed to be equivalent to Academic IELTS (and it's minimum scores) by Charles Sturt.
Applying to Join the NSW Police Force
Once you have enrolled in the UCWE and received the Confirmation of Enrolment email from Charles Sturt, you may then submit your application to join the NSW Police Force. Prior to submitting your application:
- Have you passed the Eligibility Quiz?
- Check the mandatory requirements to enable your application to proceed.
- Your UCWE validity needs to be current on the date you submit your application.
- 3 year validity if UCWE completed prior to 31 December 2018.
- 1 year validity if UCWE completed after 1 January 2019.
- Validity commences from the date you successfully complete your final exam.
- Read the medical requirements set out in the medical form.
- If you have a disability or injury, such as: dyslexia or hearing impairment, you need to contact the NSW Police Recruitment Branch on 1800 222 122, to ascertain if your disability or injury may affect your potential recruitment.
- Visit the NSW Police Recruitment website for full details about applying to join the NSW Police Force.
Successful completion of the UCWE does not guarantee recruitment, selection or training as a policing student, or future employment with the NSW Police Force.