What are the course entry requirements?
- 18 Years of age upon course commencement
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- A New Zealand citizen, you are eligible to apply for this course, however the NSW Police Website states that applicants must be an Australian citizen (by birth, naturalisation, or citizenship) or hold a current Australian Permanent Resident Visa (a Subclass 444 Special Category Visa is acceptable) to apply to join the NSW Police Force.
- Applicants not in Group 2 category for English language requirement (ELP) must have an Australian CERT IV qualification or higher, OR HSC completion OR IELTS (or similar band width of 6.5 in each category)
Important: As of the 27/02/2023 the below additional entry requirement will also apply:
- Successfully passed their Professional Suitability Assessment (PSA) with NSW Police Force Recruitment Branch
Apply for the UCWE
What will I study?
The UCWE will be self-paced with students completing 12 topics as follows:
- Writing Documents
- Guiding Communication Towards Positive Outcomes
- Cultural Diversity
- Ethical Practices
- Legal Framework
- Crime and Policing
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Workplace Practices and Obligations
- Personal Resilience
- Safe Driving
How will I study?
The UCWE is offered online only
160 hours learning engagement over the course duration – recommended average of 40 hours per week.
To be eligible to undertake the UCWE course, you must meet the entry requirements.
To submit your application, click here to apply for the UCWE.
You will require a computer or laptop to study the UCWE course, assessments cannot be undertaken on a mobile phone or device. Charles Sturt University also provides free software for enrolled students to download, install and use on your own computer/device whilst studying.
Recognition of Prior Learning will not be awarded for the UCWE with Charles Sturt University course.
Please note this course cannot be deferred.
How much will it cost?
- From the 1st of January 2023 the UCWE course fees for students will be $700 (please note, fees are subject to change)
- Students can elect to pay their fees either by upfront payment or FEE-HELP
Visit Study Assist for information about deferring fees via FEE-HELP and how the fees are repaid.
There is no loan fee for deferring this course.
What are the Session dates?