The holder of a Master licence may apply for a Temporary Excess Provision of Services (TEPS) Permit to provide more than the number of persons authorised by the licence for a specified day or on each day within a specified period.
SLED recommends TEPS permit applications be made online as it is simple and immediate.
Apply for a TEPS Permit online by following these steps:
- Proceed to the Service NSW Security Industry Licensing website or click here to be redirected. This webpage may not work properly on some mobile devices (e.g. phones) or on some computers with older versions of web browser programs.
- Select the "SERVICES" heading which is located on the blue banner in the middle of the page.
- Select "Apply for a temporary Excess Provision of Services (TEPS) Permit Online
- Sign in with your OneGov credentials. If you do not have a OneGov account, please click "Create Account" and follow the prompts to create a username and password.
- After you have successfully signed in, complete all the fields and click "Next"
- Verify the total number of days is correct, provide your payment details, agree to the consent of disclosure and click "Submit".
- Print the confirmation notice and retain with your business records.
The Public Register of Licences ('Verify a Security Licence') can be used to verify TEPS permits.
Apply by post
An application for a TEPS Permit will be processed within one full working day of receipt and, if granted, forwarded to the Master licensee the same day it is approved.
Form P1122 (Temporary Excess Provision of Services Permit) is located on the Application Forms and Fees webpage.
Send the completed form, with the appropriate fee, to SLED for processing. This can be done by one of the following methods:
- Mail: SLED, Locked Bag 5099 Parramatta NSW 2124
- Fax: 1300 362 066
- Email: email@example.com
P1122 applications must be submitted at least one full working day prior to the specified day or period. E.g. Permits requested for work over a weekend must be lodged with SLED by close of business on the preceding Thursday.
The cost of a TEPS permit is $150 per day (or part thereof) for each specified day or each calendar day within a specified period. For example, a request for a TEPS permit from 10pm on a Friday to 6am on a Saturday will cost $300 as the period spans over two calendar days.
A TEPS Permit must be approved prior to the Master licensee providing the additional persons.