The SLED Advisory Council provides a forum for the regular exchange of information and ideas between the security industry and the NSW Police Force on current and emerging issues relevant to the regulation of the industry.
For further information refer to the SLED Advisory Council Information Sheet (PDF).
Issue papers on relevant matters may be tabled by Council members and other industry representatives for consideration at Council meetings as agenda items. Papers should be emailed to the Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least ten working days prior to the meeting. Please note that papers may be modified by the Secretariat if necessary for clarity and succinctness. Attached is the Agenda paper template (Word Document).
- Chairperson – Director, SLED
- Assistant Director (Industry Regulation), SLED
- Assistant Director (Determinations), SLED
- Assistant Director (Service Delivery), SLED
- Director, Legislation Policy Unit
- Maximum 10 industry representatives, selected through a process of submitting expression of interest, representing the diversity of the industry.
January 2019 Industry Representatives
- Tamara Bayly, Head of Compliance & Quality, SNP Security (Certis Group Company)
- Marc-Oliver Bindner, General Manager, FSH Fire & Security Pty Ltd
- Shane Brady, Manager, Strategic Security, Department of Premier and Cabinet (NSW)
- Benjamin Demsitz, Managing Director, Unified Security Group (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Matthew Farlow, General Manager (NSW), MSS Security
- John Fleming, General Manager, Australian Security Industry Association (ASIAL)
- Michael Gale, Security Manager, Sydney Water Corporation
- Kara Kennedy, Managing Director, Your Business Security Pty Ltd
- Kathleen Pavlich, Security and Risk Management Teacher, TAFE NSW
- Simon Pollak, Security Technical Manager, Scentre Group
Term of membership for industry representatives: 2 years.
Industry representatives are not eligible for appointment as Council members in consecutive terms.
The Secretariat - SLED Advisory Council
Locked Bag 5099
Parramatta NSW 2150
Fax: 1300 362 066