The SLED Advisory Council provides a forum for the regular exchange of information and ideas between the security industry and the NSW Police Force on current and emerging issues relevant to the regulation of the industry.
For further information refer to the SLED Advisory Council Information Sheet (PDF).
Issue papers on relevant matters may be tabled by Council members and other industry representatives for consideration at Council meetings as agenda items. Papers should be emailed to the Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least ten working days prior to the meeting. Please note that papers may be modified by the Secretariat if necessary for clarity and succinctness. Attached is the Agenda paper template (Word Document).
|29 May 2018|
|26 February 2018|
|22 November 2017|
|22 August 2017|
|23 May 2017|
|23 February 2017|
|1 September 2016|
|2 June 2016|
|2 March 2016|
- Chairperson – Director, SLED
- General Manager, Operations, SLED
- General Manager, Industry Regulation, SLED
- Senior Policy Analyst, Ministry for Police and Emergency Services
- Maximum 10 industry representatives, selected through a process of submitting expression of interest, representing the diversity of the industry.
December 2016 Industry Representatives
- Thomas Roche, Managing Director, SNP Security
- Julian Claxton, Chief Strategist, International Operations Group
- John Lomax, Genera Manager, Asset Protection, The Star Sydney
- Harry Knowles, Managing Director, ADC Locksmiths
- Geoffrey Alcock, Executive General Manager, MSS Security
- David Novak, Principle Security & Risk Consultant, GHD
- Daniel Lewkovitz, CEO, Calamity Monitoring
- Christopher Kocovski, Technical Specialist, Sydney Water Corporation
- Bryan de Caires, CEO, Australian Security Industry Association Ltd
- Anthony Pearce, Security Trainer and Assessor, SECTA
Term of membership for industry representatives: 2 years.
Industry representatives are not eligible for appointment as Council members in consecutive terms.
The Secretariat - SLED Advisory Council
Locked Bag 5099
Parramatta NSW 2150
Fax: 1300 362 066