You can apply for Access to Information online through the NSW Police Force Community Portal.
Apply By Post Or Hand
You can apply for Access to Information via post by following the instructions below.
An application must:
- be in writing;
- specify that it is made pursuant to the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009;
- be accompanied by a fee of $30.00 (cheque or money order, enclosed and payable to the NSW Police Force);
- specify the documents requested or provide sufficient information as is reasonably necessary to enable the documents to be identified;
- specify the name of the applicant and a postal or email address, as the address for correspondence in connection with the application;
- be sent to the NSW Police Force by post to:
NSW Police Force, InfoLink Unit, Locked Bag 5102, PARRAMATTA NSW 2124, or
be lodged by hand at Police Headquarters, 1 Charles Street Parramatta NSW.
If an application does not satisfy the above-mentioned requirements, it will be invalid and cannot be processed. In such circumstances, you as the applicant will be advised and InfoLink will provide you with advice and assistance, as is reasonable to assist you to make a valid application.
While not a requirement, any contact number you can provide may assist InfoLink to deal with your application should there be a need for clarification or consultation.
InfoLink will acknowledge receipt of a valid access application within 5 working days after it is received and will deal with an application within 20 working days (subject to any extension allowed for under the Act). If any extension of time is required to deal with an application, InfoLink will let you the applicant know in writing.
To make your application by post please complete and provide the following:
- Access Application Form (PDF)
If you are unable to open this form in your web browser, please download a copy of the form to your device, and then try opening it from the device.
To download this document from a desktop browser, right-click and select "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As...".
- Proof of Identity
If requesting personal information, proof of identity is required. Driver's Licence, Passport or other government issued photo identification is acceptable.
- Authority to Act form
If requesting another person's personal information with their consent, Section 3 of the Access Application Form must be completed by that other person. Alternatively, the Authority to Act form can be completed. Important - the other person's proof of identity is also required to accompany the form.