There are several options a victim of sexual assault can take and these include;

Engage a support service:

  1. Report To Police: Engaging police and having the matter formally investigated. This process will involve providing police with a statement and an offender may be arrested and charged. The victim may have to attend court. In most circumstances to make a report of sexual assault, you will need to travel to your local police station. You can find your police station here.
  2. However, if the offence has just happened, or in an emergency, call Triple Zero (000) and police will come to you.

Complete a sexual assault reporting option (SARO), where vital information on the assault is provided to police, without the matter being formally investigated.

  1. Engaging any of the support services, including the NSW Rape Crisis Centre on 1800 424 017. A list of other support services can be found in Useful Contacts.