The NSW Government Reward for information into the disappearance of Matthew Leveson has been increased from $100,000 to $250,000.
Mr Leveson, aged 20 at the time of his disappearance, was reported missing by concerned relatives on Tuesday 25 September 2007, after he failed to arrive at work and could not be contacted.
He was last seen leaving ARQ nightclub at Surry Hills about 2am on Sunday 23 September 2007, and his car was located by police at Waratah Oval, Sutherland, on Thursday 27 September 2007.
Strike Force Bowditch was established by detectives from the State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad and Miranda Local Area Command to investigate the disappearance of Mr Leveson.
Despite extensive searches, Matthew’s body has never been located and police have been unable to determine the circumstances surrounding his disappearance and suspected murder.
In February 2012, the NSW Government announced a $100,000 reward for information leading to the discovery of Mr Leveson’s body.
As investigations under Strike Force Bowditch continue, the NSW Government has increased the reward from $100,000 to $250,000.
Anyone with information that may assist investigators is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Do you have information that can help police with this case?
Any information you have about this is worth giving to police, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem.
You can provide information to police via any of the methods below:
- Call Crime Stoppers any time on 1800 333 000
- Report information to Crime Stoppers any time via this site's secure online form
- Visit or call your local Police Station
Any information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Your help may give police the clue they need to close this case and provide some comfort for the families of victims.
How to claim your reward
- Contact Crime Stoppers or your local Police Station.
- Identify yourself and indicate you have information about a crime and that you wish to claim a reward.
- You will then be put in contact with a police officer involved in the investigation of that case.