As the impacts of the bushfires continue to be realised, the NSW Police Force is committed to supporting the community of NSW. An online form has been established for you to lodge official NSW Police Force reports to record the incidence of bushfire damage.

What can I report?

You can use the online bushfire report to lodge damage to items like:

  • structures including homes, sheds and businesses
  • vehicles such as cars, caravans, tractors and vessels like boats, jet skis and yachts
  • household property like televisions, laptops, lounges and bicycles.

Please note – if you would like to register for the property clean-up program please sign up on the Service NSW website:

This online report is for the recording of damage to property only. Any reports of injury or death of animals cannot be recorded using this online form.

For all other matters, please contact PoliceLink on 131 444 or alternatively, contact your local police station.

What do I need to report fire damaged property?

For an official NSW Police Force report to be created, you will need to have the following information on hand:

  • your details as the person making the report
  • the details of any owners of property
  • the details of your insurer, if available
  • the location of where the damaged occurred
  • the details of the property that was damaged
  • how the property was damaged
  • upload images/video of your damaged property.

What will happen to my report?

After you complete and submit your bushfire report you will be issued with a Bushfire Report Reference Number, both on screen and via the email address you provided in your report. This number can be used as a reference when speaking with Police and insurance providers.

Your report will be reviewed by a PoliceLink Customer Service Representative to ensure all aspects of your information are complete. Once your report is accepted you will be issued with an official NSW Police Force Event number in an email sent to your nominated email address.

If you require further assistance, you can contact the PoliceLink on 131 444 or contact your local Police Station.

Report bushfire damage