Attend a virtual seminar on career transition
If you are a post 88 police officer with a compensable injury, this seminar has been developed for you and your families to gain a better understanding about the support available and what to expect through the medical retirement process and beyond.
The key presentations include:
- Welcome message from Commissioner Michael Fuller APM.
- A panel discussion on the medical retirement process.
- The shared experience from former Detective Craig Semple and his recommended tools to prepare you mentally for transition.
- An interview with our family support coordinator and the partner of a former officer sharing the importance of family and support services.
- Career Coach Jane Jackson, author of best-selling book, Navigating Career Crossroads, provides you with the tools to unlock your potential for growth, new possibilities, and suggestions on the best way to use her book, to support your career transition.
- A session to gain a better understanding of your financial benefits and entitlements under the workers compensation and income protection schemes.
In addition you will be able to visit our virtual exhibit hall and connect with approximately 20 service providers for support and resources.
Get your FREE welcome gift pack when you register!
What you can expect from this virtual seminar
- Access to a wealth of information, insights and guideance that will help you plan and prepare for your transition from NSW Police Force.
- Connect with the support services in an online environment to help you achieve your post transition goals.
- Attend virtually, auditorium presentations by our guest speakers and presenters.
Special guest speakers
Jane Jackson is a Career Management Coach, the Founder of the Careers Academy, author of Amazon bestseller Navigating Career Crossroads, and host of Your Career Podcast.
Craig Semple was a career detective within the NSW Police Force for 25 years. Much of Craig's career was invested in 'high risk' law enforcement including drug investigation, the investigation of outlaw motorcycle gangs and homicides. Craig's retirement from the Police Force was as a result of his own personal battle with workplace psychological injury.
We are confident that the day will provide you access to a wealth of information and give insight and guidance that will help you plan and prepare for your transition from NSW Police Force (or for those of you who have already left the organisation broaden your awareness of support and resources).
It is highly recommended you bring along a family member or friend to support you through the content around mental health. The event is best watched live on the day where questions and answers can be asked via the chat functionality, however you will be able to review and re-watch the sessions at a later time.