Renew your Security Licence Online
A "NSW Security Licence Renewal Application" form showing your licence number, expiry date, licence class and other details is mailed to you around eight weeks before your licence is due to expire.
Once you have received your renewal form, you have the option of renewing your licence online.
Renewing online is the easiest and quickest way to renew your licence. The process takes about five minutes and the renewal is immediate.
Have your renewal application form on hand and click this online renewal link; www.onegov.nsw.gov.au/new
- click "Renew Online" (on right hand side of webpage)
- enter your licence number and renewal number (from your renewal letter)
- click "Click to Renew"
- if you have no events or occurrences to declare, click "I agree" to the declaration*
- select duration of the licence (1 or 5 years)
- enter your credit card details (VISA and Master Card only)
- click "Lodge Renewal"
- print a copy of your receipt - carry this and wear your existing photo licence card until you receive your new photo licence card
* Note: If you are unable to make the declaration, do not proceed. You must lodge your renewal by post.
About two weeks after renewing online, SLED will post a Photograph Advice letter to you.
For more information about licence renewals, refer to the Frequently Asked Questions webpage.
Problems renewing online?
If you have difficulties renewing your licence online, try using the Chrome browser on a desktop computer (as the webpage does not work properly on some mobile devices and older browsers).
If you still have difficulties, make a note of any error message and call the SLED contact centre.
Please note that tech support for the OneGov website is provided by the site owner OneGov. Do not send messages about your security licence to OneGov - send them directly to the SLED.