Application Forms

New application forms effective 1 November 2012

Important information relating to credit card payments

Class 1 and Class 2 application forms

Master Licence application forms

Please Note: If you are requesting a Master licence application package, please specify which form is relevant to your business. Is your business individually owned or is it a corporation?

Approved Organisations application forms

More information for Approved Organisations is available on the Approved Organisations Information webpage.

Can't find the form you need?

If the form you need is not here please contact the SLED on 1300 362 001.

Important information relating to credit card payments

From 24 August 2013, all credit card payments are subject to a 0.4% merchant fee.

This fee applies to all online transactions and applications received by the SLED where the payment method is via credit card and will be applied automatically upon payment processing.

SLED is updating application forms to reflect the merchant fee.

The merchant fee will be applied even if the form has not yet been updated.

To determine how much you will need to pay, simply multiply the amount of your fee by 1.004 to get the total including the merchant fee.

Why is the merchant fee being charged?

Under NSW Government policy, SLED is required to recoup the merchant fees charged for credit card transactions. The amount of 0.4% has been set for all NSW government agencies accepting payment by MasterCard or Visa. This rate will be reviewed from time to time.

Important Information for Class 1 and/or Class 2 applicants

A RMS ID number is required prior to submitting an application for a NSW security operator licence.

All successful applicants for NSW security operator licences are issued with a photo-licence card.  NSW Security Photo-Licence Cards are issued by NSW Roads & Maritime Services (RMS).

To facilitate the production of a photo-licence card, applicants must either hold a:

  • NSW Driver Licence or
  • Photo Card issued by RMS or
  • obtain a Customer number (issued by RMS where applicants reside interstate).

To obtain an RMS Customer number, an applicant needs to provide proof of identity documents such as a passport, proof of address (utility bill) and proof of signature (a credit card or similar).

To find out more about RMS Customer Number or RMS locations, call RMS on 1800 624 384 (for interstate callers) or 13 22 13 (for calling from NSW).

Important Information for Class 2A applicants

Please note specific qualifications and experience are required for these licences.

Competency requirements

Applicants must demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the Commissioner of Police, that they hold the Certificate IV in Security and Risk Management (CPP40707) qualification and have attained the following units of competency:

  • Prepare security risk management plan (CPPSEC5004A)
  • Implement security risk management plan (CPPSEC5005A)

Applicants must submit certified copies of the qualification and a statement of attainment or a record of results issued by a Registered Training Organisation showing that they have attained units of competency CPPSEC5004A and CPPSEC5005A.  Such documents must be submitted by applicants either with their licence application or within 42 days of having lodged their licence application.

Experience requirements

Applicants must demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the Commissioner of Police, that they possess the following experience:

  • have held a Class 1 and/or a Class 2 security licence continuously for a total period of at least 5 years, or
  • have been recorded as a nominated person for one or more master security licensees continuously for a total period of at least 5 years, or
  • have been employed by one or more master security licensees to manage the carrying on of security activities continuously for a total period of at least 5 years, or
  • have carried on the activities authorised by a Class 2A licence in another jurisdiction, or as an exempt person, for a total period of at least 5 years.

Note: relevant experience is deemed to be continuous if not broken by any period in excess of 12 months, including the period immediately prior to the application for the Class 2A licence.

Applicants must submit evidence that they satisfy these experience requirements with their licence application.

Important Information for Class 2D applicants

Applicants must:

  • hold a minimum of a (TAE40110) Certificate IV in Training and Assessment as well as qualifications for the areas they train and assess (eg Risk Management), and
  • provide documentary evidence of three years relevant industry experience.

Sub Navigation