SLED Advisory Council
The SLED Advisory Council provides a forum for the regular exchange of information and ideas between the security industry and the NSW Police Force on current and emerging issues relevant to the regulation of the industry.
For further information refer to the SLED Advisory Council Information Sheet (PDF).
Issue papers on relevant matters may be tabled by Council members and other industry representatives for consideration at Council meetings as agenda items. Papers should be emailed to the Secretariat (email@example.com) at least ten working days prior to the meeting. Please note that papers may be modified by the Secretariat if necessary for clarity and succinctness. Attached is the Agenda paper template (DOCX).
|1 September 2016|
|2 June 2016|
|2 March 2016|
|3 December 2015|
|3 September 2015|
|4 June 2015|
|5 March 2015|
|8 December 2014|
|2 October 2014|
|5 June 2014|
|6 March 2014|
|10 December 2013|
|3 October 2013|
|1 August 2013|
|4 June 2013|
|4 April 2013|
|4 February 2013|
|30 November 2012|
- Chairperson – Commander, State Crime Command
- Director, SLED
- General Manager, Operations, SLED
- General Manager, Industry Regulation, SLED
- General Manager, Firearms Registry (as required)
- Commander, Alcohol & Licensing (as required)
- Senior Policy Analyst, Ministry for Police and Emergency Services
- Maximum 10 industry representatives, selected through a process of submitting expression of interest, representing the diversity of the industry.
December 2016 Industry Representatives
- Thomas Roche, Managing Director, SNP Security
- Julian Claxton, Chief Strategist, International Operations Group
- John Lomax, Genera Manager, Asset Protection, The Star Sydney
- Harry Knowles, Master Locksmith, ADC Locksmiths
- Geoffrey Alcock, Executive General Manager, MSS Security
- David Novak, Associate Director, Security & Risk, AECOM
- Daniel Lewkovitz, CEO, Calamity Monitoring
- Christopher Kocovski, Technical Specialist, Sydney Water Corporation
- Bryan de Caires, CEO, Australian Security Industry Association Ltd
- Anthony Pearce, National Training and Development Manager, Southern Cross Group (Int) Pty Ltd
Term of membership for industry representatives: 2 years.
Industry representatives are not eligible for appointment as Council members in consecutive terms.
The Secretariat - SLED Advisory Council
Locked Bag 5099
Parramatta NSW 2150
Fax: 1300 362 066