Report a missing person
If you are able to, you may attend a police station to report a missing person. If you are unable to attend a police station, you should phone the Police Assistance Line on 131 444 and the operator you speak to will arrange for police to come and see you.
When you file a missing person report it will help police if you can bring or have with you the following information:
- A recent photograph of the missing person
- A list of the names, addresses and phone numbers of friends and associates
- Likely destinations eg. Favourite places, work locations or places with past connections
- Any medical requirements or medications they need
- A full description of the missing person including height, weight, colour of eyes and hair
- Bank account details.
Further information about missing persons in New South Wales can be found at www.police.nsw.gov.au/