Make a noise complaint

The responsibility of enforcing noise control regulations is a shared responsibility between the Environment Protection Authority (EPA), local government, the Waterways Authority and NSW Police Force.

Details about noise control, dealing with noise (neighbourhood, barking dogs, intruder alarms, noise from vehicles, noise abatement orders) and contacts for noise pollution can be obtained from the EPA website at

If you require Police to attend to a noise complaint, telephone the Police Assistance Line on 131 444, who will arrange for police to attend. You will need to tell the operator the exact location where the noise is coming from and describe the type of noise.