What to do if...

Now that you are aware of some of the safety issues associated with children on the Internet, and have an idea of where to turn if something happens, now what?

If you have any concerns about material that your child has received via the internet or any interactions that cause concern you should contact you local Police Station as soon as possible.

If the matter requires specialist investigation or expertise they may forward it to the New South Wales Police Force Child Exploitation Internet Unit. This is a specialist unit within the State Crime Command Sex Crimes Squad and their mission is to investigate child sexual abuse and exploitation of children that is facilitated through the use of the Internet and related computer or telecommunication devices.

(For further information refer to the Child Exploitation Internet Site within the New South Wales Police Force Internet Site.)