Neighbourhood Watch NSW
Description of the Program
Committees should reflect the demographics of individual communities. Typically, membership includes representatives from police, local government and members (elders, youth and representatives from ethnic, aborigine and other local groups).
Aim of the Program
To reduce localised crime and fear by promoting and co-ordinating multi faceted approaches to prevention and problem solving.
Objectives of the Program
To reduce the incidence of crime, anti-social behaviour and fear by;
- Increasing community awareness of crime risk, and prevention strategies.
- Encouraging community involvement in local community safety.
- Identifying real and potential community safety problems.
- Co-ordinating multi faceted crime prevention efforts.
- Utilising local police services regarding early intervention programs to young children.