Formation of Precincts
The formation of precincts is not by any means prescriptive and will vary from Command to Command, based on need and the desire of the Community. The number of precincts in any Command will be based on the needs of the Community and need not necessarily reflect any geographic boundary.
Precincts can be formed in:
• Geographical boundaries i.e. Suburbs or postcodes areas
• Large Shopping centres
• Central Business Districts
• Towns, villages, shires and councils in regional and rural NSW
• School, Universities and other Educational Institutions.
Precincts can also be created for:
• Indigenous and Ethnic Communities
• Specific community issues
• Issue motivated groups.
The precincts can consist of a small number of people or larger numbers and will be based on the needs of the Community within those precincts.