Rotary Police Officer of the Year
The 2016 Rotary Police Officer of the Year Awards is the most prestigious event in the NSW Police Force calendar year. This year's event will be held in the Ballroom of the Four Points by Sheraton, Darling Harbour on Friday 4 November.
The evening will allow the Force's best to shine and be acknowledged for their professional excellence and dedication.
Major Award Categories
Nominated by commanders only, the premier award of the night, the NSW Rotary Police Officer of the Year, is chosen from the winners of the two categories that recognise policing excellence:
- Field Operations Police Officer of the Year, which recognises policing excellence for sworn officers performing duties within the Field Operations Commands.
- Specialist Operations/Corporate Services Police Officer of the Year, which recognises policing excellence for sworn officers performing duties within the Specialist Operations and Corporate Services Commands.
- Employee of the Year recognises the outstanding commitment of civilian employees of the NSW Police Force
- Rotary Community Award recognises the exceptional efforts of NSW Police Force employees who have worked for the benefit of the community, putting service above self whether on or off duty
- Customer Service Excellence Award recognises exceptional customer service provided to members of the community, and those police who contribute to the overall customer service policy by their involvement in communications, problem solving and innovation
- The IJ (Irene Juergens APM) Fellowship Award recognises outstanding individual contributions to community based policing by both sworn and unsworn employees, acknowledging those who demonstrate a personal commitment to engagement and crime prevention
- Volunteer of the Year recognises the extraordinary efforts of the NSW Volunteers in Policing who, in their own time, help ensure the community is best served by their police.
Public Nominated Awards
In addition to commanders, nominations for the following awards can be made by members of the public.