Police Blue Ribbon Insurance Scheme
Police Blue Ribbon Insurance (PBRI) benefits are available to Police Officers (including Probationary Constables) employed after 1 April 1988 who are incapacitated as a result of being injured on or off duty.
These benefits include Income Protection Payments, Total and Permanent Disability Benefits and Death Benefits. SASS members who are insured with Additional Benefit Cover are eligible for income protection payments.
Changes to On Duty Benefits 2013
Changes to the Police Blue Ribbon Scheme announced in June 2013, will provide enhanced benefits for on duty injuries by:
- Increasing income protection from up to 5 years to up to 7 years at 75% of pre-injury salary; and
- Providing an adjusted total and permanent disability (TPD) lump sum benefit.
These changes will become effective 1st October 2013.
A hotline and SMAC box have been set up to assist officers who may have enquiries on the PBRI changes. They can be reached on e/n 29177 (8835 9177), e/n 28210 (8835 8210) or at #PBRI.
Police Blue Ribbon Insurance Information Pack
- Information Pack 2012 (PDF)
Death and Disability Legislation
- Police Act 1990 No 47 – Part 9B Police officers – Death and Disability
- Police Regulation 2008 - Part 6A - Death and disability payments
- First State Super - Police Blue Ribbon Insurance Claims (How to make a claim) (PDF)
- P1118 Request for Leave Makeup Nomination (PDF)